- Frustrated with sitting in traffic on your journeys to and from work?
- Spending a lot of money on petrol and parking?
- Not getting enough fresh air and exercise?
There is another way to travel!
You could make the switch to sustainable ways of travelling to make your journeys to work healthier, cheaper and greener.
Travelling sustainably includes walking, cycling, using public transport and car sharing.
If you travel alone in a car on your journey to work, Make the Switch and get your free, personalised journey plan (subject to eligibility) to show you how you can travel more sustainably.
Download our app
You can use the app to earn BetterPoints by logging activities such as walking, running, cycling, travelling on the bus, train or Metro, or car sharing.
Then, you can redeem your BetterPoints for high street rewards or make a donation to charity.
We'll be near you soon so come along and join us at...
- Sunderland Aquatic Centre - Thursday 26 January, 12noon to 7pm
- Market Square, Sunderland - Saturday 28 January, 9am to 12.30pm
- Trinity Square, Gateshead - Saturday 4 February, 10am to 3pm
- Manor Walks, Cramlington - Saturday 11 February, 9am to 5pm
- Northumberland Street, Newcastle - Thursday 16 February, 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Market Place, Durham - Saturday 18 February, 8am to 5pm
- Chester-le-Street Market - Saturday 25 February, 9am to 5.30pm
- The Viking Centre, Jarrow - Saturday 4 March
Fill in our survey
Subject to eligibility, you could receive the following offers for free:
- Public transport taster ticket - a free ticket for you to try public transport by bus, rail or Metro
- Cycling training - not everyone has the confidence to cycle. This free training could help build your confidence
And, our Journey Planner is available for anyone to use. It includes walking and cycling routes, journey times and even how many calories you might use.