Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier.
It’s suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels so why not try doing it a little more?
It only takes you 10 minutes to walk 1,000 steps! Children in particular love to be out and about with their friends.
By encouraging children to travel actively - and have fun - they quickly learn that walking can be a great way to start the day.
Did you know?
- One-fifth of all journeys we make are less than a mile
- On average, it takes 20 minutes to walk a mile
- 20 minutes of exercise per day can make you more productive, more focused and healthier
Walking is easy to fit into your daily routine, even if you live more than one mile from your child’s school. Why not try:
- Getting off the bus a couple of stops earlier than you need to?
- Parking the car a little further away and continue on foot?
Take a break from traffic jams, parking and petrol costs and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to develop new, healthier routines which get your day off to a good start, save you money and improve your wellbeing. Plan your walk to school now.